Month: October 2021
OCEAN PACIFIC AND HEELYS WHEEL INTO NEW COLLABORATION FOR HOLIDAY 2021
The iconic surf lifestyle brand, Ocean Pacific owned by Iconix Brand Group, Inc is excited to announce a new collection of footwear with Heelys, the original shoes with wheels, owned by BBC International. The collaboration will feature three OP styles, with the added Heelys’ wheel technology.
Ocean Pacific, previously a surfboard brand, became the first company to translate the West Coast surf culture into a lifestyle brand. The brand fuses sports, music, art, and fashion with an optimistic echo of the sand and streets of Southern California’s surf and skate culture. The styles will reflect the OP brand’s surf spirit and the Californian laid-back aesthetic, paired with the now-iconic Heelys wheel that gives the wearer the ability to go from sneaker to wheeled shoe by shifting weight on to the heel.
“We are excited to add Ocean Pacific to our portfolio of Heelys collaborations. The west coast culture of the OP brand allows us to infuse our product with their great heritage designs and classic surf coloration — things we know resonate with our core consumers.” — Seth Campbell, Corporate President
“As we build upon the momentum of OP’s upcoming golden anniversary, we couldn’t be more excited about this perfect partnership. With OP’s history of bringing together sport and culture and Heelys dedication to adventure, we have brought together two brands who embody the importance of an active lifestyle for a fun collaboration that will appeal to fans of both brands.” – Bob Galvin, Chief Executive Officer and President at Iconix Brand Group, Inc.
The Ocean Pacific x Heelys collab comes in three styles with ranging sizes: kid’s size 13-8 and adult’s size 9-13. Thecollection releases October 27, 2021. Retail prices are between $60-$65 and will be available on www.Heelys.com
Iconix International Inc. announces their Fall 2021 Home Portfolio Launches and continues their expansion into Fashion Brand Home
Iconix International Inc. is excited to announce new licensing deals in their heritage home brands that expand on existing categories while creating full lifestyle statements. These new partnerships will launch during the October 2021 New York Home Textiles Market Week. Iconix owns a robust portfolio of over 25 consumer brands, including five home brands: Waverly, Cannon, Charisma, Fieldcrest and Royal Velvet. Iconix will also continue growing their owned fashion brands into the home space with the launch of Ecko Unltd., Rocawear, and Danskin which join the already existing home brand expansion of Ocean Pacific, Candies, Mudd, Mossimo, Material Girl and Joe Boxer.
“We are especially excited about our new partnerships coming to market this Fall,” said Bob Galvin, chief executive officer and president at Iconix Brand Group, Inc. “The home industry is growing exponentially as consumers continue to shift their focus to their living space.
We anticipate continuing our success in the home industry with the growth and expansion of our heritage brands and look forward to introducing our fashion brands to the home category allowing them to reach their full lifestyle potential.
Recent deals for Iconix’s home brands include:
- In an exclusive multi-year licensing agreement, the Waverly brand will partner with Lintex as its new licensee in kitchen textiles and table linens with a focus on the prints and patterns for which the Waverly brand is known for.
- In another brand extension for Waverly, they have appointed St James Home as its US licensee in a 3-year deal for utility bedding including pillows, comforters, blankets, mattress pads and topper and bedding accessories.
- Popular Bath, a Brooklyn-based home furnishings importer known for their innovation, has signed a multi-year license for the Waverly brand in the hard window category including curtain rods, tiebacks, and finials.
- Britannica is the new exclusive US & Canadian licensee for home brand Royal Velvet in the utility bedding category. This multi-year deal will have a multi-tiered distribution strategy.
- VCNY, a leader in home textile manufacturing, has signed agreements with Royal Velvet, Cannon Home, and luxury home brand Charisma as their exclusive US licensee for accent and area rugs.
- The Royal Velvet brand is also expanding into the window treatment category with an exclusive multi-year agreement with Universal Home as the US partner for curtains, valances, hardware, blinds, and shades.
- Everyday basics brand Cannon Home is joining forces with Chesapeake, an authority in rug manufacturing, as its new US & Canadian licensee for bath rugs.
Additionally, Iconix is leveraging some of its fashion brands by bringing them into the home space for the first time through several recent licensing deals. Developments include:
- Danskin, a health and wellness brand synonymous with femininity, innovation, quality, and superior comfort and fit for women since 1882 will expand into fashion bedding through a new licensing partnership with Evergrace. The collection will feature the brand’s aesthetic, with a fun, modern, relaxed style combined with rich textures and patterns.
- A new licensing deal with Pem America will bring Rocawear, the brand born from music and now a leader in style and culture, into fashion bedding.
- Ecko Unltd., a leading brand in global youth culture and known for its fusion of design, street, and action sports, breaks into fashion bedding and bath with their exclusive 2-year deal with Sky Home in US & Canada as well as its new partnership with Popular Bath, signing on as Ecko’s partner in Hard Windows for an exclusive 3-year deal in the U.S.